“Non Personal Information” is information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you access our Website with a web browser. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others.
“Personally Identifiable Information” is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained in order for us to provide you within our Website. Personally Identifiable Information may include information such as your name, email address, and other related information that you provide to us or that we obtain about you.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Website.
As a “Visitor”, you can browse our Website to find out more about our Website. You are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information as a Visitor.
Personally Identifiable Information
We may process certain types of personal data about you when you interact with us, as follows:
- Identity Data: may include your first name, last name, username, or date of birth.
- Contact Data: may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: may include your credit card details.
- Transaction Data: may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data: may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our sites.
- Profile Data: may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data: may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Computer Information Collected
When you use our Website, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Website. Such information is typically considered Non Personal Information. We also collect the following:
- Automatic Information We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you’re headed when you leave our Website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
- Register You as a Customer
We use Personally Identifiable information you provide us to deliver products and services, process your payments, and register you as a customer.
- Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliates that provide services to us with regards to our Website (i.e. payment processors, Website hosting companies, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information.
We do attempt to coordinate data across the different platforms we use. So, for instance, we may take personal information you give us through our website and share that information with our Facebook account, so we can find more people like you. We share no business details, payment information, or otherwise from one platform to another. Generally when we do share across platforms, it’s just name and email so that we can see if you also have an account on the other platform.
All data is stored in online systems we use. Some examples of the systems we’re using at the time this policy is written: MailChimp, Facebook ad manager, Google Apps, Google Analytics, and payment processing systems (like Paypal and Square).
We do not store credit card information on any local systems. All payment information is stored within secure third party platforms whose business is to do that securely with high levels of encryption.
- Data Aggregation We retain the right to collect and use any Non Personal Information collected from your use of our Website and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Website and service as well as for use or resale to others. At no time is your Personally Identifiable Information included in such data aggregations.
- Legally Required Releases of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of Karen McLaughlin, our Users, and affiliates.
By using this website, you authorize us to transfer and store your information in Canada, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in Canada may not be the same as in your home country.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- Requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
- Provided us with your details when opting into our free courses, resources, and challenges; and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving marketing.
- We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
If you wish to exercise your “right to be forgotten” and have all Personally Identifiable Information deleted, please email us directly with your request: email@example.com.
You maintain the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority in your local EU Member State under the GDPR.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Customer data is stored for a reasonable time (5+ years) as a necessity to keep accurate records of accounting, tax, and customer needs. The exact data retention period varies based on the system storing the information, the date of the user’s last activity or interaction with the company, and whether or not the information relates to a current or past customer.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Links to Other Websites